At CD Fair Dental we are very aware of our responsibilities to the health of our patients, our staff & the wider community. We have been trying to follow the advice we are given to keep everyone safe. We are aware that social distancing is an important key measure to reduce the impact of COVID-19 (the coronavirus), so in light of the emergency situation, we are planning the following changes in the practice. We look forward to the day when we will again be able to offer you and your family more holistic dental care.
1. We will be reducing routine dental examinations and treatments until after the coronavirus emergency. Although regular check-ups are very important for your oral & general health, at this time reducing contact between people is vital to reduce the threat by COVID-19. So shortly, you will not be receiving your reminders to book your routine dental examinations. These will be deferred for 5-6 months.
2. Our priority will be treatment for the relief of pain.
3. Please do not attend the practice if you are showing any symptoms of a new cough and/or a high temperature. We will not be able to treat you. Please telephone NHS 111 if you have symptoms and you have dental pain – they will arrange for you to be seen.
4. You still need to let us know if you will not be attending a booked appointment.
5. We are sorry that we the online booking system will be unavailable.
What can patients do when attending the practice?
1. Please refer to the latest advice at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ before attending.
2. On entering and leaving the building and prior to moving away from reception, please use the hand sanitisers provided. You are welcome to use the bathroom to wash your hands at any time. Please maintain hygiene “Catch it, bin it, kill it!” while you are in the practice.
3. Please attend your appointment alone. If you are under 17 years old, or need support, please only bring one person into the building with you.
4. Please do not attend more than 5 minutes before your appointment time. If you are running ahead of time and have arrived by car, please wait in your car until your appointment time.
5. Please pay for your treatment by card to reduce hand contact for reception staff.
What is the practice doing?
1. We are trying to cut the number of patients in the building and waiting room at any time.
2. We follow stringent cross-infection control measures.
3. We have removed magazines, toys and leaflets from the waiting rooms, and have increased the frequency of sanitising the non-clinical areas.
4. We will send occasional emails to keep you informed. If you have any questions about your dental care, please telephone 028 9266 3222 and we will do our best to answer them. If the phone is busy, please leave a message and we will do our best to call you back.